Friday, 13 November 2009

Font Squirrel

The eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed that Paper Flowers has a spectabulous new header.* What do you think, dear readers: an improvement? I designed it using the simpleton-proof Pages programme for Mac (not a day goes by when I do not thank the universe for my beloved Macbook). Even with Apple, however, the standard fonts tend to be rather ho-hum, so I was overjoyed to stumble across Font Squirrel, a marvellous site with hundreds of fonts that you can download for free. I have to admit that I have gone a bit mad over them and used three in the new header and no fewer than four to make this poster for my friend Madame la Moue:

You could use them to zhuzh up your blogs, websites, posters, anything you might possibly want to design, really. They are helpfully categorised into handdrawn, retro, typewriter and many more and would be fab for wedding or party invitations or even Christmas cards.

Right, I am going to batten down the hatches now and settle in for the big storm that I can already hear brewing. There is only one place to be on a stormy night in England in November: in bed with a cup of tea, a hot-water bottle and Miss Marple. Nighty night...

* Spectabulous is too a word.

2 comments: