Monday, 25 January 2010

Cockatrice on the telly

I promised ages ago that I would put a clip of the Tonight programme which featured my Freecycled flat on Paper Flowers, for which I'm sure you have all been waiting with bated breath... Well, you can exhale now, because, tantaran-tan-tan-tan-TA! here it is:*



Joy of joys, you also get a snippet of ethical-deco heartthrob Oliver Heath in a straw hat (believe me, this will have Madame la Moue drooling over the screen, short circuiting her laptop and slipping into a light coma with delight).

The other exciting news of the day is that I have started a Paper Flowers Youtube channel in anticipation of being plucked from obscurity and offered my own prime-time show about eco style (what? Isn't that what happens when you go on the wireless with pictures?). You can view or subscribe to it by clicking here.

*Thank you to the very clever Charles for helping me with the technical wizardry.

5 comments:

  1. Like. I especially like the pulling things out of a skip notion. I've spent a lot of time in Montreal in recent years, and there is a sort of informal arrangement that anything you don't want can be left on the pavement outside your place, and within minutes someone recycles it. I have an apartment there stocked with bookcases, chests, lamps and tables that emerged from the neighbourhood. In addition, my father-in-law scours the streets for clothing that rich, idle students have discarded. New, good quality stuff gets cleaned and mended and put on a new back. The rest gets washed and sent to the charity shop. It's a hobby with a virtue. I may at some point post some of my wardrobe staples that cost not a bean...

    beingmanly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! love your apartment, it's lovely :)

    ReplyDelete