Monday, 4 January 2010

How to have half-decent skin: step 2 of 4

After cleansing, step 2 in any sensible skincare regime is moisturising. Although here I must take a quick tangent on the subject of toners. And by toners what I mean is unnecessary bottles of expensive water and alcohol. Here is what those lovely cosmetic scientists over at the Beauty Brains say: 'a skin toner is kind of like your appendix: you have one but your body doesn’t really need to use it.' Read their post 'The Truth About Skin Toners' here.

But I digress. So. Moisturiser. I don't want miracles, just something that stops leprous flakiness in this freezing weather without bringing me out in hideous pustules.

I am a big fan of Bio-Oil. This is one of those products that have gathered a cult following through word of mouth, rather than through multi-million-pound advertising campaigns, which immediately makes me trust it more than more hyped brands.



It's supposed to be good for everything from scars and stretchmarks to dehydrated skin and wrinkles. Miracle worker? Maybe. All I know is that it's been a lifesaver when I've had dry skin and is light and easily absorbed enough not to give me spots when I haven't. And really, isn't that all you need for half-decent skin?

In other news, I am back at work as an eco-spy... going undercover in the supermarkets of East Sussex. The glamour.

Actually, forget I told you that, otherwise I might have to have you abducted, wipe your memory and leave you wandering the streets like Mike from Neighbours in that film where he has to get all those tattoos. And that's just not a good look.

No comments:

Post a Comment