Thursday, 11 February 2010

Ebay addiction

My ebay addiction continues unabated and now I have got Madame la Moue hooked as well. Here, to give you an idea of the scale of the problem, is yesterday's conversation between MLM and me over email (rearranged so not in backwards order and with Cockatrice and Madame la Moue indicated so as not to confuse you):

[Edit: have just realised that these might seem not to make sense at one point because the emails crossed in cyberspace.]

(N.B. all purchases shown in these emails were 99p)

From: Sarah Maddox
To: leila.mckellar@yahoo.com
Sent: Wed, February 10, 2010 11:53:27 AM
Subject: Clothes swap  

MLM: Good morning Madame. Can you email me the poster please so we can advertise. 

C: Okay Mrs, what do you think of this? Can change colours if you want. 

MLM: OMG I LOVE it so much I can hardly breathe. I ADORE IT.

Who left that message on your blog re Peach cobbler? Also that bag I got from Ebay is tiny.  It like the bag I thought I wanted but in miniature.  Am not happy.

******************************************************************

On 10 February 2010 04:44 -0800 Leila McKellar wrote:  

C:












Womens Shoes Size 4uk 37eur  

MLM: OMG you are an addict.  And also WHAT A BARGAIN. 

C: Ya - we have crossed messages. I have a fab strategy - only search for things under £2, then am not tempted to spend too much money. Good no?

**************************************************************
Leila McKellar
To: Sarah Maddox
Sent: Wed, February 10, 2010 1:32:05 PM
Subject: Re: Clothes swap

C: No idea who wrote that comment - some psychopath, looks like. It wasn't you, was it?

How funny about your bag (in a disappointing way, obvs). What do you think of my shoes? They are Monsoon.  

MLM: ya ya ya. Shoes are lovely. 99p thing is a fab idea. I must do that.  My miniature bag is a bit twee for my use I think but will probably use as now £25 or whatever it was sounds like A LOT for something I don't really want.

I was the mystery cobbler person - made myself laugh out loud as I was doing it actually.

I have a very clever comment to make about the African prints actually. Do you know those type of prints were originally exported from Europe and the African people liked them and now everyone thinks of them as African? 

C: You mad psycho - I should have known really.

Yes I did know that! Have you been reading Views of Difference Mrs... Yes, do leave that as a comment - will make whole blog seem more erudite. 

MLM: Ah yes that is where I must have read it.  Thanks for reminding me. Did you think the comment re Peach cobbler was funny? What about Danny's comment about the Cheese making industry? 

C: Yes, you and Spoddy are both insaniacs. Did you find out what cheese he was making?

*****************************************************************

On 10 February 2010 06:16 -0800 Leila McKellar wrote: 

C: Have just won a gap jumper for 99p. MUST STOP NOW. 

MLM: AND you are doing Ebay speak i.e WON.  As you keep reminding me you have not WON it you have PAID FOR IT. Photo of jumper please. Elaine has some nice things for the swap you will want.

C:  















Gap grey lambswool ladies jumper small  

MLM: I am going 99p shopping now. What do you put in to search? 

C: I don't put anything in the search box - just choose women's clothing and put £0-£2 in the price boxes and tick my sizes, then order by time left. Don't do it Mrs, you will end up with loads of stuff you didn't mean to buy. I put in a load of 99p bids last night and keep getting emails today saying I have won them all...

******************************************************************

From: Leila McKellar
To: Sarah Maddox
Sent: Wed, February 10, 2010 2:57:17 PM
Subject: You've won this eBay item: Vila Print Dress Size Small

C:
 

MLM: weird.  You will carry it off though am sure. Actually it will cost you £3.99 of course. 

C: Have just discovered even better way of 99p shopping: do everything and then tick only the brands you like.  

MLM: Oh God why did you tell me about it?  Is addictive.  Have bid on 2 things but have closed it down now.  

C: SO addictive. 

******************************************************************

From: Leila McKellar 
To:
Sarah Maddox
Sent: Wed, February 10, 2010 6:15:06 PM
Subject: Fw: You've won this eBay item: Vila summer dress - size 8

C:

  
OMG. Can you tie my hands together please? 

MLM: OH God make it stop Mrs.  I actually like this dress a lot though.  What is this make Vila that was what your last purchase was too. I am going to look for 99p purses...  

C: I CAN'T make it stop Mrs. I wish I could... I love Vila things. They are usually sold in independent boutiquey type shops. 

MLM: I can't stop now either. Have just bid £5.19 on a purse....Oh God..what shall we do Mrs?  At least I have to go out in a min to a PTA meeting.

******************************************************************

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear oh dear. That is all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment