Friday, 5 February 2010

Peach cobbler

Am working from bed today, having decided that this is the most welcoming place to be after receiving my third rejection letter in two days. Come on people, someone out there must want to give me a job. No? Really? No one?

Anyway, in happier news, on Wednesday night I made a delicious peach cobbler, so today I thought I'd give you a fully illustrated step by step guide. The recipe for the topping is dead easy, being exactly the same as the one for the scones I posted the other day.

Rub 3 oz butter or margarine into 6 oz self-raising flour...

...until it resembles breadcrumbs (actually looks more like couscous to me, but still). Then add 1 1/2 oz sugar:


Gradually add milk or soya milk to make a dough:

 
Meanwhile, take a punnet of peaches that you have found in the bargain bin at the supermarket (49p!), peel and chop into chunks. If they're underripe soften them in a pan on the hob with some sugar.

 
Now roll out your dough into a slab 2-3cm thick and cut out rounds using a cutter (or a Martini glass...):


Place the peaches, which you have sprinkled with sugar to your own taste, into a dish and top with the cobbles. Add a final sprinkling of sugar:

 
Bake in a medium oven (175/gas mark 4) until light golden on top (approx 10 mins):

 
 Enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment