Saturday, 8 May 2010

What I wore

Oh God, eBay-obsession strikes again. Have discovered a new strategy thanks to Mrs H, who told me how to find hidden listings that no-one, or very few people are bidding on. Here's the secret: search for typos and spelling mistakes. This is amazing, because it brings up items that no one else has found, as they have searched for the correct spelling. And even if they haven't, eBay autocorrects misspellings in searches.

You can get round eBay's autocorrect yourself, by putting brackets round the word - good for finding common misspellings - or you can use one of the websites that search lots of different spellings for you. I have been using fatfingers.com and typozay.co.uk.

Want to see what I've got? Oh, okay, here you are:


Silver jacket: Whistles (spelled Whistle); salmon silk embellished top: Day Birger et Mikkelsen (Mikelsen); bag: Anya Hindmarch (Hindmarsh); shoes: Poste Mistress (Post Mistress), jeans: v old pair of Gap boy fit that I have worn nearly to death.

Have also snaffled a Karen Millen dress and Mulberry handbag - photos to follow soon.

In other news, Madame la Moue is having a swish on Friday. I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Well, that's set me off on eBay again (as if I needed any encouragement).

    Have fun at your swap - looking forward to seeing what you get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I'm so sorry - it is hideously addictive...!

    ReplyDelete