Friday, 25 June 2010

The cure for melancholia

Last night was my Summer Swisharama, which was just what I needed to cheer me up. I was a bit down in the dumpettes yesterday and decided to receive guests from my bed of melancholy, wearing a black lace mantilla:


Which looked particularly chic when turned into this Molly-Parkin-esque creation:


In the end, though, the mantilla only remained in place for the first few guests, as I was soon cheered out of my melancholia by NEW CLOTHES. Thanks to Sam and Nicki for my gorgeous new vintage skirt and beaded cardi. How divine?


Poor Charlie came straight from giving blood and promptly fainted thanks to the combination of the wine, the sudden June heatwave, and the fact that you could barely see your hand in front of your face for smoke after I absent-mindedly burned the pitta bread. Here she is on the right, looking only slightly green, as Alexandra and Zoe try on some swishing loot:


Fortunately it would take more than a medical emergency and a minor house-fire to stop determined swishers. Windows were opened, more wine was poured and the glamour continued unabated. Laura worked the off-the-shoulder look, worn with her own jewellery creations...


...and Mrs L-P bagged one of the finds of the evening, this fabulous fitted trench with gorgeous button detail on the cuff. Thanks to Isabel for bringing that one.


The highlight of the evening, however, which really pulled me out of the slough of despond, was Madame la Moue trying on Isabel's hair extensions:


She immediately discovered her inner blonde bombshell and took her out to play...


...to, um, devastating effect...


Quel class. MLM and I are off to Florence together in a few weeks. Those Italian men have NO IDEA what they are in for...

More looks from the swisharama tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. What FUN! Wish I could have been there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahahahaha you are funny Mrs. I loved your Mantilla and am still laughing about my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nadia terrazzini25 June 2010 at 21:26

    hahaa, this is so funny! had a great time, thank you! I needed it too. And Sarah, what are you like?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lady, i luv ya vintage skirt....looks awesome. Hope ya doin well. still luv rememberin the good time at yours.

    Love Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved! Loved! Loved!.....Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you lovely ladies for cheering me up. You are all goddesses xxx

    ReplyDelete