Monday, 13 September 2010

Cockatrice is in love...?

Cockatrice is in love indeed... Thank you Madame la Moue.

Hello dear readers, if any of you are still out there. I am afraid I must apologise for going absent without leave from Paper Flowers for practically the whole of August. AND half of of September. Bad bloggess.

So what is my excuse? Well, Madame la Moue said it all, really. I suppose I have been swept up in a bit of a whirlwind romance and have neglected, well, practically everything else, to be honest. NR and I have been to Italy and Edinburgh (see below. Yum, whisky...) and the Peak District and have cooked and entertained and played extremely competitive scrabble...

...which has all been more wonderful than I ever could have hoped, actually. However it has also been a bit of a whirlwind (the clue's in the name, isn't it really?). Which means that NR and I have both felt a little disorientated at different times, and also that it's sometimes hard to work out how the bits of one's old life fit back together in the new one... if that makes any sense?

And those bits include blogging. But do not fear, I have no intention of deserting Paper Flowers just yet. Not while there are clothes to be swished and outfits to be analysed, anyway.

On another note, I must think of a new name for NR, and not only because those are the initials of an old flame (although it took me ages to realise that. Which should give hope to anyone out there who feels like the scars of lost love will never fade. Turns out that sometimes they already have without you even noticing). But also because at some point every romance stops being new (as in NR = New Romance), so I will have to change it at some point. For a while I was calling him PM (Perfect Man), but that might put too much pressure on the poor chap - he's only human, after all. So what do you think dear readers? Any suggestions?

5 comments:

  1. Le chevalier sans peur et sans reproche? Could be LCSPESR for short

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice suggestions! I especially like Le Chevalier, as he is certainly very chivalrous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS t-shirt Mrs, I adore it. I reckon TW for NR would be good. Or MF - my fella.

    ReplyDelete