Monday, 4 October 2010

Granny chic take two

You may recognise this dress. It is the very one that my grandmother wore here, as well as to dinners and parties throughout the seventies, in the days when, as she said to me the other day, 'people would wear long dresses in the evening, even if they were just having dinner with friends.'

Of course, there is no greater bliss than comfort eating in one's jamas in front of the telly, but I must admit that I regret the passing of dressing for dinner. What do you think: does it make you sad that there are far fewer opportunities for making an effort these days?


I wore this to the dinner the night before the wedding that MM and I went to this weekend. I accessorised with another vintage heirloom: a middle-eastern-style necklace that belonged to MM's fashion-designer mother.

Belt from Accessorize and gold shoes by Rocket Dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment